Rocky Forest River Run offers 1.5 – 6 hour Trips
All rentals include: the vessel (kayak, canoe or tube), life vests, and paddle for boats, along with a shuttle upstream. Trip times depend on paddling styles, vessel & current water level. Shuttles include shuttle upstream. RFRR has an online reservations system to book your trip! Online Booking Instructions: Select rental type, date, time, duration(standard time), vessel type-if you want to choose-sit in, sit on top, length of kayak, canoe, or tube type.
The link below has water levels in the Elkin area on the Yadkin River. This gauge and link is a reference for the river level near RFRR, but is an average only at the gauge site, and does not represent river levels in all areas. Normal depths range from 1.5 – 6+ft. http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=rnk&gage=elkn7
- RFRR is open Thursday and Friday afternoons, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Thursday afternoons are available by pre-scheduled appointment only during June, July & August.
- Our trips are SELF GUIDED, Unless requested otherwise.
- Paddle at your leisure, but ALL boaters must return by 6:00 pm Sat & Sun, 7:00 pm on Friday and 30 min prior to sunset when participating in a twilight run, to avoid a late return fee.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to get your release/waiver forms completed and be fitted for your rental equipment. Folks with their own boats using the Shuttle service, need to arrive at least 20 min early to load your equipment on our trailer and complete the shuttle release form.
- Each trip rental includes: kayak, tube or canoe with life vest and paddle or oar(s) & the shuttle upstream.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure they and any minors in their group wear their life vest while on the river. Children ages 12 and under are required to wear live vests at all times while on waterways, per North Carolina law.
- For safety and liability children under the age of three (3) years old cannot be allowed in rental equipment (kayak, tube, or canoe). Thank you for understanding our concern for your and your child’s well being.
- RFRR does NOT shuttle tubes or other inflatables
- We cannot allow pets in our van due to allergies…sorry
RFRR now has picnic tables for rent after your river run. We are also going to begin offering a Event Spaces Rental, Retreat/Team Building River Runs, and a Small Rustic Riverside Wedding spot for a truly natural, open-air, simple wedding experience on a section of our land beside the river soon! Paddle Sports can be an Add On to this event, for the couple and/or the folks at their wedding.
Cancellation Policy: All RFRR trips are rain or shine! Cancellation or No Show on date of the reservations will result in the customer being charged the full rental fee. Cancellations will not be taken via e-mail. Cancellations made at least 14 days prior will receive a 90% refund. Cancellations made within 7 days prior, will receive a 70% refund. Cancellations occurring at least 48 hours in advance of scheduled trip, results in 50% refund. Trips that are cancelled within 24 hours due to inclement weather (storming or heavy rains)-RFRR will work with you to reschedule your trip or give you a credit voucher. RFRR does NOT refund monies due to rain while you are on the river. Amount refunded include processing fees charged to RFRR
Trips and Rates