Rocky Forest River Run offers 1.5 – 6 hour Trips
All rentals include: the vessel (kayak, canoe or tube), life vests, and paddle for boats, along with the shuttle upstream. Trip times depend on paddling styles, vessel & current water level. Shuttle Only (those with their own vessel) include shuttle upstream.
River levels in the Elkin area on the Yadkin are normally great for kayaking. We always have water, when other rivers don’t. This gauge is set an an area that is normally shallow and does not represent river levels in all areas. Normal depths range from 1.5 – 6+ft depending on rain and season.
- RFRR is open Thursday and Friday afternoons, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Thursday afternoons are available by pre-scheduled appointment only during June, July & August.
- ALL Rocky Forest River Run trips are SELF GUIDED, unless the customer specifically requests someone guide their trip in advance.
- Paddle at your leisure, but ALL boaters must return no later than 6:00 pm Sat & Sun, 7:00 pm on Friday and 30 min prior to sunset when participating in a twilight run, to avoid a late return fee.
- Customers must arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete release forms and be fitted for your rental equipment. Folks with their own boats using the Shuttle service, need to arrive 20 min early to load your equipment on our trailer and complete the shuttle release form.
- Each trip rental includes: kayak, tube or canoe with life vest and paddle or oar(s) & the shuttle upstream.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all parties their group wear their life vest while on the river. Children ages 12 and under are required to wear life vests at all times while on waterways, per North Carolina law.
- For safety and liability children under the age of three (3) years old cannot be allowed in rental equipment. Thank you for understanding our concern for your and your child’s well being.
- We do NOT shuttle other folks tubes or other inflatables!
- We cannot allow pets in our van due to allergies…sorry.