The TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award celebrates attractions that consistently deliver fantastic experiences to folks around the globe. We are so happy to announce this and celebrate this with our customers.
We are open with a few changes! The safety, health and well being of our guests (both on and off the water) and staff is our priority. In light of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are modifying our operations and ask that our clients follow guidelines per the state and below. RFRR has always sanitized all our equipment after each trip and will continue to do so. Please read the changes below:
Reservations are Required, via Online Reservations and Booking system or phone.
Please do not make reservations or travel to our area if you or a member of your party is ill, has symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of your visit.
- All folks coming to enjoy river fun may be required to wear a mask, bandana or neck/face gaiter while on our property and in the van (depending on current Covid situation).
- Due to extra time to process check-ins, clients must arrive 15-20 min early. The van will leave on the hour, if your group is not checked in, parked and ready to leave, you will not be able to participate.
- Waiver form should be completed online prior to date of trip (whether booking online, or by using the (PDF format link here) and submitted to RFRR at least 10 hours prior to date of trip. We need to lessen the face to face time in our shop to be safer, so please email completed forms to: email@example.com. If you book online, the system will send you an email with the waiver link (scroll down). If you are not tech savvy, you can print and complete and bring the form the day of your river trip and turn in at check-in. (All family members can be put on one form.)
- Clients will check in and then park down at our take-out spot (riverside) this year.
- Limit to 1 person per party inside shop.
- Please use the restroom and wash hands prior to coming to RFRR.
- Clients seeming to be intoxicated or with a fever will not be allowed on trips.
- Keep our river clean. Do NOT throw masks in the river!
RFRR is Count On Me NC trained and will follow social distancing guidelines. We will try to reduce capacity in trip numbers when possible during transportation. We appreciate you and your patience as we work to ensure safety for all. We do update our Facebook page often, so like it to keep informed. Stay safe out there and we hope to see you soon!
Rocky Forest River Run is just minutes outside downtown Elkin just off Highway 268 on the Yadkin River. We offer kayak rentals, river tube rentals and canoe rentals. We are a Paddle Sports full service outfitter, renting and selling other items you may need in our shop too. We offer trips through Wilkes, Surry & Yadkin Counties. Shuttle service is offered for those who have their own kayaks. Reservations are Required. You might ask what makes us different? We live on the river and have a dock that our customers can utilize to come ashore and get out of your equipment. We also have our own private river access beside our dock and a large riverside area where our customers can enjoy rental space for picnics.
Our goal for you is to relax, have fun, connect with nature & make memories while enjoying your time with RFRR.
- 1.5 – 5.5 hour river run experiences (depending on river levels).
- Shuttle service is also be available for those with their boats.
- Each self-guided rental includes PFD (life vest).
- Paddle Sports – Kayaking, River Tubing & Canoeing are available May – October [weather permitting].
- Add some fun – picnic after your river run! RFRR offers rental of picnic tables and grills for your group to use.
- Groups are welcome, but must call at least 10 days in advance to make reservations to get on the calendar and to ensure can accommodate you.
- RFRR offers discounts for veterans when renting kayaks with ID!
- Our stretch of the Yadkin River around the Elkin area is calm, offering a relaxing trip with minimal shoals, however there are a few ripples the way.
- We also offer Wellness Retreats by reservation in advance for small groups.