Rocky Forest River Run is a Paddle Sports outfitter on the Yadkin River in Elkin, offering paddling trips by kayak, canoe and tube rental through Wilkes, Surry & Yadkin Counties, including shuttle service for those who have their own kayaks. Tube rentals are offered for the short river runs.
Take time for yourself, unplug and enjoy a day the Rocky Forest River Run way!
- 1.5-6 hour paddling experiences
- Paddle to your heart’s content with rentals from Rocky Forest River Run
- Shuttle service will also be available for those with their boats as well
- Each self-guided rental includes boat of choice, paddle or oars, & PFD (life vest)
- PaddleSports such as kayaking, tubing & canoeing are available April – October [weather permitting – additionally offering trips outside these months]
- Groups are welcome, but must call in advance to make reservations. Discounts for groups and veterans!
- The Yadkin River around the Elkin area is a very nice calm, relaxing trip
- There are a few shoals that create a little fun along the way
- Don’t forget to watch for birds, ducks, geese, herons, and turtles during your trip
Floating towards the 77 bridge..
Paddling fun on the Yadkin River
Floating and/or paddling down the river in a kayak or canoe is incredible fun AND you get a work out in the process! Try paddling up stream a while and you will understand what I mean!
We hope you enjoy KAYAKING, CANOEING & TUBING as much as we do and look forward to meeting many of you along the way! Come check us out in Elkin and enjoy a day the RFRR way! Hope to see you soon.
We are also going to begin offering a small scenic Rustic Riverside Wedding spot for a truly natural, open-air, simple wedding experience on a section of our land beside the river soon! Paddle Sports can be an Add-on to this event, for the couple and/or the folks at their wedding.