Single/Family, Group & Shuttle Waivers below
The Yadkin River is a Class 1 river. It is gentle, with a good flowing current, with an occasional surprise shoal. Even though it is a calm river, all rivers have danger and you must show it respect. For this reason all paddlers and those floating in tubes should wear their life vest at all times. There are logs and rocks under the water that aren’t seen until you are upon them, which could cause your device to capsize. The life vest is provided for a reason, to keep you safe, should you be turned over and into the water. In the event we have heavy rains, the river gets large and fast; during these times it is IMPERATIVE all folks wear their life vests 100 % of the time.
If boating in colder weather, we suggest wet/dry suits or chest waders. This will aid in keeping you dry to lessen the chance of hypothermia.
Children under the age of 12 MUST wear their life vests at ALL times
- Never canoe or kayak alone (safety in numbers), preferably 3-4 and stay with each other
- River levels can rise quickly during rainy seasons or stormy situations in the spring and fall, be aware of this
- When the river rises, the current speeds up and debris can be present. Stay away from limbs and piles of trees and branches so you do not get caught up in the mess.
- At least one person in your group needs to have a cell phone in case of emergency
- Let someone know where you are going and when you plan to be finished
- Know and understand your limits; if uncertain, walk your boat around rapids
- Dress accordingly for the weather
- WEAR your Life Vests, they are provided for a reason!
Items you need to bring for your Trip
- Water Shoes
- Sunglasses (use strap for expensive glasses)
- Clothing that will dry efficiently & is suitable for water sports
- Water to stay hydrated, especially on hot summer days
Liability Waiver and Lease Agreement
The Waiver Forms and Lease Agreements are available to print, complete and bring on the date of your trip. These forms are necessary for us to maintain insurance. All adults 18 and over must sign their own form, while parents/guardians of minors should sign for them. ALL waivers must be completed and turned into RFRR prior to your trip.
Single or Family Waiver: RFRR Waiver Form
Shuttle Only: Shuttle Only Form